Thursday, 16 February 2017

Cameroon government to build a stadium in honour of Paul Biya using a FCfa 138.5 Billion loan

The government is working on building another football stadium which would be called 'Stade Paul Biya' in Olembe which is 13Km from Yaounde. The stade will be of FIFA standard, with 60,000 seats, two training courts, lodging spaces and spaces for commercial purposes.
According to Beta Tinz, it will cost 163 Billion FCFA to build.The 85% of that cost; that is 138.547 Billion FCFA has been borrowed from Italian bank; Intesa Sanpaolo. The other 15% of the cost, that is 24.45 Billion FCFA will be paid by the Cameroonian government.
Minister of Sports; Bidoung Mkpatt is putting pressure on those concerned with constructing the stade for it to be ready before the African Cup of Nations 2019 that would be hosted by Cameroon.

No comments:

Post a Comment