Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Man's face shattered after e-cigarette exploded in his mouth (photos)

A EXPLODING e-cigarette has left a vaper with horrifying burns to his face and knocked out seven of his teeth. Andrew Hall, from Pocatello, Idaho, was getting ready for work and enjoying a vape when suddenly his device blew up in his face leaving him with hideous injuries.
The explosion was so powerful that he lost seven of his teeth and was left with agonising 2nd degree burns to his face. Doctors in intensive care had to remove chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips.

Scorch marks were left on the wall and the ceiling and the sink broke.

Posting on Facebook from his hospital bed, Andrew said: “I was getting ready for work when I had something happen to me that I didn’t expect possible.
“I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face.”
He added: “I vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to possible sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking.
“I’m currently in the ICU and doing well so rest assured and these are very graphic photos.”
The posted pictures have been seen more than 50,000 times on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment