Friday, 7 October 2016

Fire kills two children in Limbe

Two children of same family all girls, one and seven year old have died in a fire incident that occurred early Thursday October 6, 2016.The fire at the Coconut Island, a neighborhood in Limbe, South West region, began few minutes after midnight provoked by spark after the sudden return of electricity, reports.

Witness account says surrounding residents were struggling to save some household items but did not know that the parents of the children had left them at home. The father and mother are reported to have separately left the house after power outage. It is only when they returned that rescuers were told that the two girls were sleeping in their room.

Their grandmother Irene NFON who owns the building with over twenty tenants said she wasn’t aware that her son, father to the children, was not around.

The incident has thrown the people of Coconut Island into grief and bewilderment. The fire also ravaged over ten rooms to ashes. Power outage at the Coconut Island has been rampant and locals complain of destruction of electronics on daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment