- Five- year jail term for beating & eviction of spouse from matrimonial home.
- Heavy jail term for abandonment of matrimonial home.
- Imprisonment for failure to pay rents.
- Immunity for government ministers.
- Six-year jail for adultery.
- Three-year jail for begging.
Monday, 27 June 2016
"Three-year jail term for begging" - according to the new Cameroon Penal Code
Cameroonians, especially lawyers are still reeling from the controversial Penal Code which was adopted on the evening of Tuesday June 22, by Parliamentarians under Bill No. 989/PJL/AN. Well, the following are some of the sections that raised controversy and caused the lawyers of Bamenda and Kumba to protest on the streets of their cities demanding a review of the Penal Code;